Why Is It Necessary for the Dental Care of Your Dogs?
Dental care and hygiene are not just essential for humans but also for animals. Taking care of dental hygiene is an integral part of body hygiene. You can lose all your teeth and damage your gums and nerves. Let’s see how to make homemade dog toothpaste?
Taking proper care of your oral hygiene can prevent developing a variety of dental health issues.
You can avoid getting Periodontal disease, which is usually due to the growth of bacterial issues in the gums and creates excess pain in the teeth, due to which dogs cannot eat their food correctly and which later makes weakness in their body, and face health issues.
Dogs can damage their tissues around the teeth which may damage to an extent they may have to get their teeth removed which can be a lot painful and, then dogs won’t be able to have their food and diet intake properly.
Please make sure that you keep the dental and oral hygiene of your dogs to avoid all these pain and dental problems.
For this, what you can do is first give them a proper diet and avoid many sweet diets.
And the second option is regular brushing of the teeth, which is the best option to prevent all dental problems and can keep dog oral health healthy.
How to Make Homemade Toothpaste for Your Dogs?
Suppose your dogs are not comfortable with the dog toothpaste available from the market or recommended by the doctor. In that case, you can prepare a DIY homemade doggie toothpaste, which can be helpful and keep their teeth clean and hygienic.
Now let’s see how you can make homemade toothpaste.
Before starting with the procedure, let us see what ingredients we will need for the course.
- Coconut oil
- Baking soda for exfoliating
- Mint, cinnamon, cloves, chicken bouillon, or peanut butter for flavor
Five Unique and Beneficial Recipes for Your Doggies
Natural Toothpaste, No Coconut Oil, and Organic Authority:
- For this, you would need six tablespoons of baking soda.
- Take half(½) teaspoon of salt.
- One tablespoon of dry or fresh parsley.
- One tablespoon of water
- One beef cube bouillon or you could take any vegetable if your doggie is vegan.
Now when we have collected all these ingredients, we are ready to prepare the fresh and organic toothpaste for your doggie.
Steps for Making the Toothpaste Is
- Add one tablespoon of dry or fresh parsley, then add a cube of beef bouillon or and vegetable for an alternative.
- Add one tablespoon of warm water and mix all the three ingredients well until they form a rough paste.
- Then add ½ teaspoon salt to the paste and six tablespoons of baking soda.
- Now mix the entire mixture thoroughly until they form a good paste.
- Now store it airtight in a container at an average cold temperature.
Homemade Toothpaste with Mint Leaves:
- For making this, you would need one cube of chicken or beef bullion.
- Take ¼ cup of coconut oil and three tablespoons of baking soda.
- 6 to 7 mint leaves
- And one tablespoon of cinnamon.
Steps for Making This Toothpaste Is
- Take all these ingredients with proper measurements in a blender and then blend it nicely and properly.
- And even after mixing it in the blender, stir it nicely with a spoon.
- And at last, put it in an airtight container and keep it in an average cold temperature.
Toothpaste with Coconut Oil
To make this toothpaste, you will need:
- ½ tablespoon of turmeric and ½ tablespoon of kelp.
- Take 1 cup of unrefined, and virgin coconut oil.
- And in the end, you will need ⅛ tablespoon of dried flakes of parsley.
And Now Steps for Making This Toothpaste
- Take one cup of coconut oil in a container and place it in a warm water bath so that it can get soft and malleable.
- Next, add half a spoon of turmeric and half a spoon of kelp.
- Stir it well with a tablespoon and add parsley flakes, while stirring itself.
- Now mix it unless the mixture is wholly made like a smooth paste.
- In the end store it in the fridge in an airtight container, even between the uses to keep it inside the refrigerator to maintain its cool temperature.
- Mix it nicely before every use.
Toothpaste with the Cloves:
This has been the best toothpaste, according to the doctors.
For this you will need:
- ½ cup of coconut oil and one tablespoon cinnamon.
- One tablespoon of water.
- Two tablespoons of baking soda and one tablespoon of dry parsley.
- Pinch of ground cloves.
- And one cube of beef, veggie, or chicken bullion.
Steps for Making the Paste Is
- Dissolve and let the bouillon cube melt in one tablespoon of warm water.
- Add two tablespoons of baking soda and one teaspoon of cinnamon for fragrance abrasive.
- Add up almost one tablespoon of dried parsley so that you can get a fresh breath.
- Next, add some clove which works like an anti-parasitic.
- Now add correctly ½ cup of coconut oil. Sometimes there is a possibility that you will not be able to mix the mixture nicely, so add the oil after letting it heat for half a second at the lowest flame. This will allow the mix to get soft, and you can mix it nicely.
- And once you are done with this mixture, you keep it in the refrigerator to store it at a cold temperature.
Just Four Ingredients: Homemade Toothpaste:
For this you will need:
- Three tablespoon water.
- ½ tablespoon of baking soda.
- One tablespoon of cinnamon oil.
- One cube of beef or any vegetarian bouillon.
Steps for Making This Is
- Take a regular size table bowl for mixing and stir one bouillon cube in the water nicely and keep mixing so that it can dissolve nicely.
- Add ½ tablespoon baking soda to the bullion and stir it nicely. Add the cinnamon for a fresh smell.
- Then later add some coconut oil to the mixing bowl and stir it continuously till the mixture is evenly settled down.
- Store this mixture in a proper airtight container and store it at a cold temperature. Before every use, mix the paste nicely, take some of the quantity in the baby toothbrush and gently massage the paste on your doggie’s teeth and gum.
Some Essential Tips While Brushing Your Dog’s Teeth:
- Use the dog’s special soft bristle toothbrush to brush their teeth.
- Don’t force while brushing your pet’s teeth; they may hurt themselves while trying to get rid of the brushing procedure.
- Always massage the gums surrounding the teeth so that the dog can bring relief and the blood can circulate nicely.
- And try to make your dog drink water after brushing their teeth so that whatever they eat next after brushing their teeth, they can have the taste of the meal or the food.
Also Read: Dental Tips For Dogs
How to Brush Your Dog’s Teeth
When you are ready to make homemade toothpaste for your dog, now it turns to brush their teeth nicely with ease.
Let us get into the brief how-to brush:
Start with Opening the Jaw:
Before directly entering the brush straight inside the mouth, start with caressing the lips and muzzles, so that the dog can get with the sensation of the area to be brushed.
For the first time rub a soft cloth on the teeth so that you can know if the dog is okay with the brushing of the teeth. And then finally give the dog the experience of the taste of the doggie toothpaste.
If the dog is accepting the stimulation, toothpaste, and brushing you can now finally move to the next step of dental hygiene.
Begin with the Brushing:
Now you can start with the dog brush and initially take a pea-size amount of homemade toothpaste. Now slowly and lightly raise the lips and get it out of the way. Sometimes dogs struggle with this process.
Start brushing in a circular motion and focus on the outer side of the dog’s teeth somewhere around the canines. These are generally the areas that are high risk zoned for periodontal diseases.
In the initial stages, the dogs may not allow you to access to brush all the teeth, but slowly when they get acquainted, you can try to brush all their teeth lightly and softly.
Get professional sessions once in two months regularly.
Brushing all by yourself is not enough. You have to acquire professional and expert services to keep your dogs’ teeth healthy and hygienic. Just as we visit dentists once twice or thrice a year for professional cleaning and removal of plaque and tartar, in the same way, even the dogs are in requirement of skilled and experienced dentists for their health and healthy teeth.
Dogs need anesthesia for getting their dental cleaning and procedures. So they may be costly in comparison to human dental services.
The cost for a dog’s dental cleaning can be expected up to $500 to$600 that too depending on the city you live in or you are acquiring the services of the dentist or the professional.
With this, we end the blog on how to make homemade toothpaste for your dogs? Just make sure you use all the ingredients with their proper proportions so that they are not wasted, and the dogs may not even agree to accept the taste of the paste.
And make sure you keep visiting the professional to have proper care of the dog’s oral health to prevent all sorts of dental health problems. If you find this blog interesting and helpful, do share with all those who are facing the problem of their dogs’ oral health and or having dogs.
For more information about Social Media Star Pups, Kitties, and any other pup, Visit PetsNurturing.