What is Nutra Thrive?
Nutra Thrive is a health supplement designed to improve the health of your pets. It’s available for both dogs and cats and is formulated according to their respective needs.
Irrespective of your pet’s size, breed, gender, or age you can feed them Nutra thrive. Nutra thrive can be mixed fed to your pet by mixing it in your pet’s wet food or sprinkling it on their dry food. It is also available in different flavors to make it more palatable. It claims to be grain, additives, and fillers free.
One jar of Nutra thrive costs 69.95$ which makes it quite expensive and people want to know what’s in it and if it’s worth so much money. So, we’ll be looking into all the details about this supplement in today’s blog.
Nutra Thrive for dogs and why do you need to consider this supplement for your pet.
Supplements are never meant to be the main source of nutrition for your dog. They are given their primary diet to provide your pet with the nutrients that may be lacking in their primary diet. Nutritional deficiencies can lead to serious health issues and this can be avoided with the help of supplements.
For example, if your dog’s coat has become rough and lustreless, feeding them omega 3 supplements can show you positive results in a few weeks by improving the quality of their hair. You can always take the help of your veterinarian before selecting a supplement as they will guide you with what is necessary for your pet and in how much quantity it should be fed.
Nutra Thrive Ingredients:
Let’s take a look into what is claimed to be in the box.
Every bottle of Nutra thrive claims to have a superfood blend with probiotics, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals that boost gut health and the overall well-being of the dog.
As Superfoods Blend It Contains:
- Mushrooms (including maitake, reishi, and shiitake mushrooms)
It Also Contains Super-Canine Blend:
It is made up of EngevitaGSH® glutathione inactive yeast & Beef liver.
As Probiotic & Enzyme Blend it Contains:
- Enterococcus Faecium
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus
- Lactobacillus Casei
- Lactobacillus Plantarum
In Vitamin and Mineral Blend it has:
- Microcrystalline calcium hydroxyapatite
- Magnesium lysinate glycinate chelate
- Ascorbic Acid
- Zinc amino acid chelate
- Potassium citrate
- Manganese amino acid chelate
- Inositol hexanicotinate
- Sodium molybdate
- D-calcium pantothenate
- Pyridoxal 5-phosphate
- Riboflavin & riboflavin 5-phosphate
- Thiamine HCI
- Folic acid
- Chromium complex with Phyllanthus emblica fruit and purified shilajit
- Calcium fructoborate
More about L-Methionine & L-Arginine and their Functions:
Natural bacon flavor, silica, and natural mixed tocopherols (a preservative)
Here are the potential benefits of just a few of the ingredients in Nutra Thrive.
L-Methionine – This amino acid is very important to your dog’s health. It plays a role in supporting healthy nails and hair, and healthy liver function. Your dog’s body can’t produce L-methionine. Your pet can only get it through their diet.
Riboflavin (B2) – Riboflavin is a B vitamin, which may help support your dog’s healthy skin. In fact, any sort of B vitamin deficiency can result in certain skin issues, which may lead to fur loss, dryness, and itchiness.
Biotin – This B vitamin supports skin health and can also help promote healthy connective tissues.
Folic acid – Folic acid has been shown to help support proper metabolic function.
Lactobacillus Casei – L. Casei is a probiotic, a form of bacteria that lives in the digestive tract. It helps with proper digestion and also supports the immune system.
Directions for Use:
- A feeding chart along with the product will tell you exactly how much to give to your dog based on their size.
- If you give your dog dry food, pour ¼ cup of water on the kibble, and then pour the recommended amount of Nutra Thrive powder on it.
- Mix thoroughly, so that the powder completely coats the kibbles.
- Add more water if you still see the powder, and mix once again.
- For dog breeds who eat wet food, sprinkle the recommended amount and mix.
- As with dry food, if you still see the powder, add more water and mix again.
Nutra Thrive for Cats
Let’s see how Nutra thrive for cats is different from Nutra thrive for dogs and what it contains.
Just like dogs, cats need a balanced diet for good health and that’s when supplements play a major role. Nutra thrive is a blend of 40 health boosting ingredients and is a creation of Dr. Gary Ritcher who’s an American Veterinarian. Being a creation of a Vet gives this supplement a trustworthy reputation.
Nutra thrive for cats is known to contain billions of feline-friendly gut bacteria along with ingredients like plant sea minerals, amino acids, etc which are known to enhance the life of your kitty,
Ingredients of Nutra thrive for Cats:
- Super Feline Blend: helps in reducing inflammation, improves brain and cognitive function, helps in protecting liver and haemoglobin against oxidative stress.
Fish oil powder, GSH glutathione Inactive Yeast, Beef Liver, Chicken collagen.
- Probiotic and Enzyme Blend: aids in digestion by enhancing breakdown of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
Enterococcus faecium, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei, and Lactobacillus plantarum , Papain, Protease, Amylase, Lipase.
- Superfoods Blend: boosts immunity and increases good bacteria in your cat’s tummy to streamline digestion.
Aquamin Plant Sea Minerals, Chlorella spp, Mushroom blend, Organic Carrot, Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM), Spirulina spp.
- Vitamin and Mineral Blend: helps in developing a shiny coat and keeps the cat energetic.
- Microcrystalline Calcium Hydroxyapatite
- Ascorbic Acid
- Magnesium lysinate glycinate chelate
- Zinc bis-glycinate chelate
- Inositol hexanicotinate
- D-Calcium pantothenate
- Biotin, Cholecalciferol,
- Riboflavin and Riboflavin 5-phosphate,
- Thiamine HCL,
- Chromium complex with Phyllanthus emblica fruit and Purified Shilajit, Folate
- Taurine, L-Arginine, L-Methionine: helps in enhancing the immunity, improves vision and also increases muscle and heart function.
- Calcium Fructoborate: help in absorption of vitamin D and Calcium.
Directions for Use:
- Scoop the appropriate dosage mentioned on the jar, needed as per your cat’s size.
- Pour into your cat’s regular food.
- Sprinkle a little bit of water into the food bowl to coat the powder over the kibble.
- 1/4th cup of water should be enough.
- Mix the powder thoroughly until it evenly coats your cat’s food.
Nutra Thrive Reviews:
Nutra thrive is tested and proven to be safe for both dogs and cats. We went through a lot of customer reviews to find out the extent of results and side effects (if any) of Nutra thrive. It is best suited for animals suffering from conditions that may have lack of nutrition as their cause.
Animals with a lack of nutrition show signs like a rough coat, brittle hair, lack of luster, anxiety, joint ache, lethargy, flatulence and abnormal stools. Nutra thrive supplements can help improve these conditions as per the customer reviews.
AKC (American Kennel Club) analyzed the ingredients and gave their review on Nutra thrive for dogs where they noted that carrots are great for dogs which are present in the supplement but another ingredient that’s not much needed for dogs is mushroom but it doesn’t do any harm.
There are many ingredients in Nutra thrive, that are extremely beneficial for your pets but there are other ingredients that experts say may not have a big effect on your dog’s health.
Things To Know
A vet in their review for nutra thrive noted that glutathione will pass through your dog’s body with little effect on your dog’s health. Folic acid could help your dog but you’d need to have your vet check your dog’s folic acid levels and if they need more of it before taking Nutra Thrive.
The AKC mentions that dog supplements can be beneficial for your dog but there is sparse research about the long-term effects that will affect the well-being of your dog.
On most sites Nutra thrive for dogs has positive reviews with an average of 4.5/5 rating with most pet owners calling it an excellent product. Although I’d like to mention that every animal is different and their body may have different needs and processes, what works for some may not work for others, hence no product is perfect for all and will have a completely positive response from each and every pet parent.
Even when it comes to cats, we want the best for them and nutra thrive proves to be an effective and convenient option for most cat parents and their kitties.
Most people in their nutra thrive review stated that they noticed more spunk in their pooch after trying out this supplement. It helped improve the coat quality, mood and energy even in the senior dogs.
People who love the product, comprise almost 95% of all customers, can’t stop with the praises about it but there are also the 5% of customers reviews that are unsatisfactory or negative. Some of the negative reviews state ‘nuta thrive for cat side effects’ and ‘nutra thrive for dog side effects’.
Some of the Nutra Thrive’s side effects stated by people are as follows:
- Skin rashes and redness
The protein source in many products is often the common cause of allergies. Some dogs or cats that may be allergic to any of the ingredients used in the product may show negative reactions to it. If this happens, you should discontinue the product and consult your vet.
In conclusion, we’d like you to know that none of the ingredients used are harmful to dogs and cats. Although, some animals may be allergic to some of the other content leading to a negative reaction. It’s not a major cause of concern as many times pets get allergic reactions due to particular types of proteins.
Overfeeding anything can have a negative effect on your pet’s health and the same applies to supplements. Nothing is good in excess. You need not give your dog any supplements if he has a balanced diet and is healthy and happy.
Do contact your vet before adding anything to your dog’s bowl. Only give them things that are required for their body to function optimally.