Rats are often not consider as good and clean animals as pets. In fact, a lot of people shudder at the very thought of seeing a rat anywhere near them. But rats are pretty much interesting creatures and we shall get to know some Facts About Rats and method of pet rat care. As you further go on reading this article present by Petsnurturing.
1. Rats are pretty much social and compassionate creatures. They are very much fond of their companions and when they lack the require companionship, they get depress and lonely.
2. Rats are known to have excellent memory. They can easily remember their navigation route and certain breeds of rats are known to swim water for good three days and hold their breath in water for three minutes.
3. Although consider dirty by most humans, they are actually very clean animals and spend a lot of time in grooming themselves and other members of the group. They are in fact, much less likely to catch parasitic infections than dogs and cats.
Also Read: Some Answers About How Long Do Rabbits Live?
4. A rat’s tail which is enough to make anyone shudder out of fear is of great importance to them as it is the tail with which they communicate, balance, and maintain their body temperature.
5. Rats Teeth are known to never stop growing and grow five inches every year. Their teeth are really strong ones that gnaw through lead and aluminum sheeting as well.
6. Rats can reproduce really quickly. They are known to reproduce within three or four months of their birth.
However, there are few people who really like to have these amazing creatures as their pets and it is essential to keep these pets in a proper manner and in a favorable environment much like other pets. Let’s check on some methods on how can one take care of pet rats.
1. Rats are require to be keep in big cages with ramps and platforms as they are quite active creatures and like to be moving in and around the cages. However, cages with wire flooring are say to be avoide in case of keeping rats as pets as that can lead to bumblefoot.
2. For the food and water, rats are require to have rat block food that is low in calories and fat but has High Soy Meal ingredients. This is a much better option than corn or grams. A clean supply of water is absolutely essential for them.
3. Pet rats should be getting medically treat by a vet once in a while as they may also develop health complications like other pets like respiratory or urinary tract infections. In order for the rat to be living a healthy life, keeping a check on this is an absolute must.
4. Rats are know to have really big nails and need to get trims every once a month. They can injure you or even themselves in the course of playing and henceforth usage of nail clippers of humans can also do the work.
As we can see, above is mention few such methods of Pet Rat Care. That can keep your rat living a healthy life. Much like other animals as pets, these rats should also be keep with the utmost care and affection.