Depression and loneliness are some of the main reasons why people feel the need to get an ESA for themselves. That’s because there are so many benefits of having an Emotional support animal to tackle depression that you will get amazed to the point where you would want one for yourself. Depression is no joke, especially if we consider how much it affects its victims.Even doctors recommend getting a pet alongside proper therapy to fasten the process of healing from depression. Studies, results, and experiences of people prove that getting an ESA is the best thing you can do for yourself to improve your mental health.
Also, people don’t have to worry about their landlord denying the pet entry because there are no official laws that protect ESAs discrimination. So if you want to keep a cat as a pet, you can get an ESA letter for the cat. Amazing right?
But how does ESA help to deal with depression? Well, there are many ways in which ESA can help you to fight depression. That’s possible because ESA or emotional support animals are not regular kinds of pets; they are special. These pets are especially adept at understanding your mental state and help you wherever you are going through your depressive period, panic attacks, and anxiety attacks.
These animals have the sensibility to stay by your side and help you calm down in moments of despair. They give you a purpose to go through the day by making you feel accompanied and loved.
But these are all emotional talks. I guess we always need a scientific point of view to validate that ESA is useful. That is why there are benefits of ESA from a scientific POV.
Ways in Which ESA Helps to Deal with Depression
Your Daily Dose of Dopamine and Serotonin
- You might have heard about these two compounds on TikTok, but dopamine and serotonin are the two main neurotransmitters for those who don’t know. These neurotransmitters are responsible for making you feel happy, angry, sad, and excited. These are the chemicals that get people hooked on drugs, and these are the chemicals that make you feel depressed.
- Depression is when your brain is not producing the optimum amount of dopamine and serotonin to keep you happy and interested in completing a work.
- But having an ESA around is a different story to tell. Just their presence is enough to give you the dopamine you require and help you out of depression.
Help with Physical Health
- You are far from the truth if you think that ESAs can only help you with your emotional state. Emotional support animals help make your life more social because the chances of you isolating yourself in the room are very low. Taking your pet on a walk helps you socialize and come out in nature. Additionally, we have already heard that pets help increase dopamine levels, which is essential to make you feel excited and work out regularly.
Helps You Keep Your Cool
- A lot of anxiety frequently accompanies depression, and when you continually feel anxious, you cannot focus on the positive parts of life. You neglect to savor the single existence you have, and in the end, when the regret catches up with you, there’s no returning back. So why not do what we can and modify how we live so that there are no regrets when our time comes?
- An ESA can help you with that by accompanying you when you are on the verge of having a panic attack. They provide you with a sense of comfort and tranquility, especially in times of difficulty, like when mourning someone.
The good thing is that now with the help of an emotional support animal letter, you can always keep your ESA with you. Your ESA gets the protection of federal laws, which means no one can deny you accommodation with your pet if a certificate proves it to be your need.
To get your ESA letter, follow three easy steps:
- Consult a mental health care professional
- Get your test done
- Receive your ESA letter from a professional ESA doctor
Although this procedure can take some time, it won’t take more than a few days. And that’s it! You will have your ESA letter delivered to you.