The Bichon Frise and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel mix, Cavachon make admirable dogs. All because of their royal look, they are famous as designer breeds. They belong to the hybrid group. Anyhow it is preferable to explore more on this adorable soul.
I am pretty sure after reading the blog, and you will immediately start searching for the correct Cavachon dog breeders.
Before moving forward to the detailed part of the blog, here is a brief about the breed.
|Height:||12.5 To 13 Inches|
|Weight:||15.5 To 20 Pounds|
|Life Span:||11 to 15 Years|
|Type of Coat:||Soft Medium and Curly|
|Coat Color:||Chocolate, Liver, Black, Brown, and White|
|Temperament:||Loyal, Strongly loyal, cute, adorable and smart.|
|Other Names:||Cavachos, Cavachs, Cava-chon|
|Grooming Needs:||Medium with Easy Maintenance|
|Training Needs:||Slightly High due to command processing delays|
|Recommended Families:||All types of families|
The History and Origin
The Cavachon breed has been existing for years now. Originally they were intentionally bred back in 1996. For the first time in North America, they were bred by mixing two popular dogs, the Bichon Frise and King Charles’s Cavalier.
- As per breeders, the only intention of making this dog breed was to welcome an adorable dog into the world.
- As per research, it is noted that mixing two different breeds can minimize all the health issues.
- After the popularity of Cavachon increased, the breeders continued breeding them.
- Breeding Cavachon puppies are popularly known as designer breeds.
- The most admired part of Cavachon puppies is their alluring appearance. They are charming and fascinating.
- Though Cavachon dogs were bred as a designer breed, they were later popular as Cavachon rescue dogs.
- Due to their energetic and intelligent personality, they were later adopted as working breeds. Their active participation and innovative reflective actions made them worth the adoption as a rescuing breed.
- Ever since the day Cavachons became popular, breeders requested to adopt them from the local shelters. There were times when Cavachons were found homeless.
- In the early ’20s, loyal breeders made it a point to keep the Cavachos safe. They assured that the breed is not used for any other trading purposes. There was a time in the past when they were bred and sold for money.
- Later in 2001, the breeders were asked to check whether the owner is genuine or not.
All those who are interested and excited in Cavachon dogs must know more about the younger version. It is something that you are going to love reading about.
- Breeders say that Cavachon puppies are highly praised and acknowledged. They are extremely cute and adorable.
- The Cavachon pups are fragile and need utmost care and commitment.
- If you are looking forward to adopting or buying a puppy, ensure that you are ready to commit to them.
- The baby Cavachon is very uncertain in behavior. Just like a newborn human baby, you will take time to understand these little angels.
- The initial days will pass away, understanding them. Thus breeders prefer owners to adopt a puppy only if they are ready to commit their next one to two years.
- Cavachons take a month to adjust if not given proper time in nurturing.
- Breeders prefer training your little friend in their initial months and will help them socialize easily.
- They are good with grasping commands and training. Thus, it is advisable to train them from the early months. If you want, you can get help from professional trainers or experts who will help you train them.
- When adopting Cavachon puppies, please do not stick back to the first breeder you come across. Research in-depth to learn and meet the ideal breeder.
- Cavachon puppy prices vary based on their coat types and colors. And what additional features do you want in your Cavachon that make it different from others?
Being a mix of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and the Bichon Frise, they are captivating. If you try examining a baby Cavachon, it gets challenging to decide who they look like. When they grow younger, you can find out how charming and adorable these little ones are.
- They have a mixed coat that they get from both parenting breeds. The fur varies in all the Cavachons.
- They have an attractive silky smooth, shining coat. The mixed color in the coat makes them even more attractive.
- Cavachon is popularly known as the chocolate with vanilla, all because of its mixed coat color.
- Cavachon can convince people with their adorable eyes. They are geniuses in convincing owners and people with their innocent moves.
- They have beautiful long coats that make them even more beautiful and enticing.
- These little angels have short heights that allure every person passing by. Usually, owners make them dressed up with different hairstyles that fascinate everyone.
- In addition, the different coat colors make them look like a cute minor crop to cuddle with for the whole day long.
- If you want to know more about their coat & color, weight, and size, keep reading further. I am pretty sure you will discover so many exciting facts about them, which will convince you to adopt one.
Size and Weight
Cavachon dogs have a short height that makes them cute enough for people to get them as a pet. They hardly grow up to 12 to 13.5 inches maximum in height. They are a new breed in comparison to all the other breeds. They ideally weigh between 15 to 20 pounds maximum.
- Being an offspring of Cavalier King Charles and Bichon Frise, it is undeniable that they will have a short height.
- The height can differ based on the height and weight expectation of the parent breed. If you notice, the Cavachon will look like either of the parent breeds.
- The height may differ in the male and the female Cavachon dog. If you find any difference, need not worry about the same.
- Cavachon’s height increases immensely once they grow older to an adult dog. Usually, you need not worry about their height.
- Cavachon increases well in height, right from a very young age. Before reaching the adolescent period, they will achieve their maximum height.
- Due to their long coat, they can look even shorter in height. Their long coats make them seem to be shorter and look like a tiny baby.
- You can provide them with a proper nutritional diet that will help them grow well in height.
Short height is what people pay more for. They look immensely adorable with their small height. Especially when they risk walking with their cute little legs. I am a die heart fan of Covochans, and they are so cute that I just can’t take my eyes off them.
Coat and Color
One of the most exciting things about the Cavachon is their coat and color. Honestly, it is a fact that this breed won’t gain any popularity without its coat and color. If you notice the dog carefully, other than their eyes, their coat and color make them smile.
- Cavachon dogs have ideally one single color, White, on their coat.
- There are other filters and shades of colors in their coats that add a point of beauty to their appearance.
- There are chances you will see some exciting mixtures of colors like apricot, tan, red, brown, and black with a mix of white.
- Usually, these additional colors are spots that turn out to be like a patch on the coat.
- The long coat makes a real difference to the overall look of Cavachons.
- Cavachon has mid-length and long coats. They have silky smooth straight, shining coats.
- A long coat means you will need to take proper care, and grooming needs will require decent quality.
- If you want to maintain the quality of the coat, it will require proper grooming needs. You will need to look after the brushing and shampooing routine.
The coat and color make the breed appear like a designer royal breed. Thus, both Cavachon coats and colors have a great significance on their overall appearance.
Personality and Temperament
Cavachons have a complete royal personality. Being a designer breed, they are entirely naughty dogs. They exactly know how to convince you when they are willing to want something from you.
- The Cavachons are one the sweetest dog breeds in this world to date.
- They are brilliant, loyal, active, affectionate, and exciting dog breeds.
- Cavachon is not someone who prefers sitting back in one single corner of the room and staring at people or happening in the family.
- The little Cavachons get nervous when they encounter strangers and start barking. Though that is different, they love to make new friends.
- Cavachons are very active in their childhood and young years. They keep roaming all around the house and keep themselves busy.
- If you are a 9 to 5 working owner, Cavachon is the right breed for you. Keep them busy with some activities and toys, and they won’t find it challenging to spend time with themselves.
- These little friends have competent grasping powers. They can quickly learn and catch up on commands that you want them to learn.
- The Cava’s are incredibly social. They love to explore different people and animals. You will just have to take care of making them comfortable with strangers. They won’t bark, but they get silent and nervous seeing strangers.
On an overall view, Cavachon is a perfect family dog. It is everything that a family looks for in their pet companions.
Exercise and Diet
Most of the time, owners confuse themselves with their dog’s diet and needs. If you want your dog friend to live a long and healthy life, it is crucial to serve them with the best diet and the right amount of daily exercise.
- Cavachon is a small dog breed, which means they are prone to gain weight quickly.
- If you fail to control and maintain their exercise & diet, they can quickly gain weight. Gaining weight can lead to some additional health problems that can reduce their life expectancy.
- Cavachon is a small dog breed which means they require a healthy and nutritious diet.
- It is advisable to keep regular contact with the vet. The vet will keep updating the diet plan of your Cavachon. This will let them enjoy some change, maintaining the consumption of the essential nutrients.
- With proper nutrition and diet, your dog even needs suitable exercising in its day-to-day life.
- Cavachon requires forty-five to one hour of walking or running.
- Daily walking is compulsory.
- It is beneficial to start exercising your Cavachon puppy from a young age. It is advisable to make them exercise physically and mentally.
- Mental exercise requires some sorts of puzzles, commands, games that will maintain the stimulation of their brains. Cavachons have a remarkable ability to understand commands, which means if you help them, they can learn many things.
Cavachon has a beautiful coat and appearance. To maintain their coat and appearance quality, you have to consider some of their grooming needs. They look amazingly cute and adorable. Thus, grooming needs are essential to maintain their healthy coat and body.
Here are some of the grooming needs you have to look after.
- Shave off their coat twice a year to keep them away from skin disorders.
- Keep trimming their coat once in two months to maintain a healthy quality.
- Keep trimming their nails regularly to avoid hurting themselves while playing or scratching their skin.
- Brush their coats twice a week.
- Give them a proper bath once every eight days.
All these grooming needs will keep them fresh and healthy coated.
Lifestyle and Needs
We humans have some basic expectations from life. Just like we expect, even our little friends have some standard requirements and needs in life. It is our moral duty to look after their needs to provide them an easy and comfortable life.
- The Cavachons do not have any specific requirement of space. Provide them with proper space to sleep comfortably.
- Gifting them soft toys and games will help them to enjoy a comfortable life. Some chances are comforting them with toys can keep them engaged during your busy schedules.
- Cavachons require a commitment of attention from your end. They are not used to staying away from your love and feelings. Whenever you get time, spend some quality time with them.
- Take them on walks and outings with you. This will make them feel that you love them and adore them as a companion in your life.
- Please ensure that you are taking them to the vet regularly to examine their health. This will help them to live a longer and healthy life.
- If you have some other pets in your home, your Cavachons will love to spend time with them, creating a great bond.
On the general ground, your Cavachon has no specific needs. It is advisable to provide them with some simple and basic life needs to enjoy a happy life.
Common Health Problem
Cavachon is a designer breed, obviously has to face some common health problems. Even though you try your best to keep them healthy and safe, they will still face some health concerns.
A Cavachon has an average life expectancy of 11 to 12 years. They will experience some common health concerns that they get in traits from their parenting breeds. Other than those health problems, they may even experience some general health problems.
Cavachons are small breeds, which means it is obvious to experience general health issues. Here is the list of some common health problems that Cavachons usually have to face.
- Dental diseases and teeth loss.
- Eye disorders and sight loss.
- Sebaceous Adenomas
- Medial Patella Luxation
- Collapsing Tracheas
All these problems are widespread in Cavachon dogs. For their long and healthy life, what you have to do is take their utmost care. For avoiding any such health-related problems, it is advisable to take them for regular checkups. If you maintain their ultimate diet and exercising requirement, these issues won’t hinder their health.
Just be cautious and keep a watch on their health and routine. If you find any changes in their health routines, it is highly recommended to visit the vet immediately.
Cavachon Dogs Breeder
Cavachon dogs are a designer dog breed. Coming from two different species of parent breeds, it is crucial to find the correct breeder. Usually, breeders must have specific knowledge and practice breeding a mixed breed dog lawfully and systematically.
As the owners of a dog, it is our moral duty and right to wander on some points of discussion with the breeder before finalizing them. I am listing below some of the significant points of matter you should consider.
- Check whether the breeder is allowed to do the breeding practices.
- Ensure that he is performing the practice lawfully and considering the health of both the parent breeds.
- Ask the breeder to get both the parent breed medically before mating them with each other.
- If you find any faults in the reports of the parent breed, either go for their medication or wait for a healthy parent breed.
- After all these considerations, check whether the breeder is charging you the correct Cavachon puppies price or not.
Once you are sure that the breeder is taking care of all these particular concerns, finalize them. These are some of the basic rules and concerns the Kennel group has mentioned to look after before finalizing the dog breeder.
All these facts and concerns, if cleared and noted, will result in a cute little, healthy Cavachon puppy.
Cavachon Rescue Families
Some owners plan to adopt a Cavachon from a rescue family. You can be one of them if you want! However, before jumping to any conclusion, it is crucial to understand which Cavachon rescue group is loyal and faithful.
Cavachon is a mixed dog breed, making it challenging to find the specific rescue group. Yet here are three options you can contact to meet a Cavachon Dog.
- Cavachon Rescue UK
- Cavachon Rescue US
- Cavachon Rescue Ireland.
After all, even these homeless dogs have the right to live a happy and healthy life with a loveable family. So why take away their rights from them just because they are homeless. So, what do you think of this? Let me know in the comment section below.
Here are some of the exciting facts about Cavachon dogs that will assuredly amaze you.
- Though these little angels have their official name as Cavachon, they have other names too. They are lovingly called Cavaschon, Bichon King Charles, and sometimes cavalier-Bichon.
- Do you think Cavachon and Cavapoos are the same dogs? No, they are not. One of their parent breeds, Cavalier King Charles spaniel, is the same, but the other parent breed is different.
- Cavachon is dum-looking dog breeds, but honestly, they are very smart and intelligent. If you know how to train them exactly, they can wonderfully respond to all your commands at the very exact moment.
- Cavachon is highly responsive and attentive when it comes to small children or older adults in the family.
Are they a Family Pet?
Before wrapping up the blog, it is undeniable to discover whether Cavachon dogs are family dogs or not. To your relief, yes, they make a perfect family dog for your family. It is crucial to understand that they are not used to people and the environment from birth.
Cavachon dogs are incredibly adorable, affectionate, and loving dogs. They love a family environment around them. They love to spend time with small children and older adults in your family.
They make excellent guardian pets. They love to take care of their favorite ones around them and love to cuddle with them. Thus, if you want a cuddling and loving dog breed, Cavachons are just perfect for you and your family.
Is Cavachon a Hypoallergenic Dog?
Yes, cavachon is hypoallergenic. Though it is a point that they do not shed much, which can sound like a relief to you, before buying or adopting a Cavachon, it is advisable to spend some days around them to find out whether their coats can be an issue for you or not. Once and for all, when you are done understanding their presence, commit to them accordingly.
Do Cavachons bark a lot?
Cavachons are extraordinarily kind and polite. They love to be quiet and stay engaged in their activities. Unless they find something suspicious or when they are not feeling well, they will never bark. They love the peaceful environment around them.
What are Cavachon puppies’ prices?
A Cavachon will cost you somewhere between $800 to $1200. The price of your Cavachon depends on what kind of parent breeds you are selecting and what all your requirements are in them.
The Bottom Line
This was all about our cute little buddy, The Cavachon. They are everything you would like to have as a companion in your family for a lifetime. They are cute, sweet, affectionate, loyal, responsive, understanding, and most importantly, intelligent and lovable. Though they are a designer breed, they have acquired every good thing from their parent breeds.
For more information on pet care, breeds, or pet foods, visit PetsNurturing.
For quick pet tips and adorable pictures, follow us on our Instagram page pets_nurturing.