Pets are great companions for us; they make our mood happy in seconds! They can really bring fun and happiness to our homes. Here we will tell you about a very good dog breed named red fox lab. So if you are planning to adopt a dog, it can be your choice!Imagine the happiness in the sight where your kids happily play with the dog; it is beautiful, isn’t it? Dogs can be very affectionate and perfect friends for you and your kids! However, for this, you need to select a good friendly dog, and a red fox lab can be a perfect choice.
The red fox lab is a very popular breed, especially due to its eye-catching color.
The red fox lab can be a perfect family pet! Stick with us to know everything about the red fox lab, right from what is a red fox lab to places where you can buy them.
|Breed group||Sporting group (American Kennel Club), Gun dog group (United Kennel Club)|
|Height||Male – 21.5 inches to 23.5 inches, Female – 22.5 inches to 24.5 inches.|
|Weight||Male – 65 to 80 LBS, Female – 55 to 70 pounds|
|Coat color||Dark yellow, almost red.|
|Life span||10 to 12 years|
|Temperament||Friendly and Loyal|
|Coat length & texture||Short, thick, and deep yellow|
The Red Fox Labrador retriever is a variant of the Labrador retriever breed, known for its reddish coat color.
It is believed that the Red Fox Labrador Retriever originated from a mutation in the gene that controls coat color in Labrador Retrievers. While there is no definitive answer as to when this mutation occurred, it is thought to have been present in the breed for several decades.
Red Fox Labrador Retrievers have become increasingly popular in recent years, as their unique coat color sets them apart from other Labrador Retrievers. Major kennel clubs still recognize red lab puppies as purebred Labrador Retrievers and are often used as hunting and sporting dogs and family pets. With their friendly and loyal personalities, Red Fox Labrador Retrievers are beloved by many dog owners worldwide.
The red fox lab is a very rare color breed. The coat’s unique color makes them look apart from others.
The red fox lab is a dog with a broad skull, big head, and strong jaw.
The breed is blessed with expressive eyes and floppy ears hanging at the sides of their head.
They have charming facial expressions and big, round, mischievous eyes.
According to their breed standard, their weather-resistant coat, “otter” tail, clean-shaven head, and kind eyes are their most distinguishing characteristics.
Temperament & Characteristics
Same as other Labrador retrievers, red fox Labrador temperament is friendly. It is also social & playful. These dogs love playing games.
If you are looking for a family pet, fox red lab puppies can be the best choice. They can be very good around children, thus can be very good companions for them.
Due to their friendly and playful nature, it is the best choice for people adopting a dog for the first time. If you train them, they can be friendly around other people and pets as well.
Caring for Your Red Fox Labrador Retriever
When you adopt a dog, you must take proper care of them.
You need to take care of their grooming, training, and exercise. One also needs to take care of their vaccinations and overall health.
- Training a red fox lab requires consistency and positive reinforcement. These dogs are intelligent and energetic and need plenty of exercise and mental stimulation.
- Establish yourself as the pack leader and communicate with your dog with clear commands and rewards. Socialization is important, so expose your pup to different people, animals, and environments from an early age.
- Red fox labs are natural retrievers, so games of fetch are an excellent way to channel their energy and instincts. Finally, remember that training is an ongoing process; consistent practice will help your dog reach its full potential.
- This dog breed doesn’t require a lot of grooming. However, regular maintenance is a must; it will keep your dog looking good and healthy. Try to brush their fur once a week to keep it shiny.
- You also need to trim their nails once a month; it will help avoid the overgrowing of the nails and help them walk easily.
- Clean their ears once a week to lessen the risk of ear infections.
- Brush their teeth regularly to avoid chances of any type of gum disease.
- The fox red Labrador retriever is an active breed, and thus they require exercise on a regular basis. Your pet should perform the movement for at least one to two hours daily. You can take them on daily walks and even go for play sessions.
- The red fox terrier is also a very clever pet and thus will require a lot of mental activity.
- You can also take them swimming; it can be their best exercise.
The red Labrador is a happy and healthy breed, but they are prone to some diseases like every breed. Here are those diseases:
This dog breed suffers from obesity, so don’t shower them with treats by coming in awe of them, make sure to limit these treats. Make sure to take them for walks for exercise.
If obesity is not managed properly, it can lead to diabetes. These dogs are very prone to this disease.
Progressive retinal atrophy
It is an inherited eye disease that can lead to progression ahead. There is no treatment or cure for this condition.
It is an ear problem, and all Labrador retrievers are prone to this ear infections. Thus, it is best to clean their ears with a clean solution. You must try this every 2 to 3 weeks for maintenance.
This condition is largely seen in large dogs. It happens when the hip joints develop improperly or become very arthritic in their senior years.
Fun Facts about Red Fox Lab
Here are some fun facts about this lovable and popular dog breed:
- Red Fox Labs are not a distinct breed but a rare type of Labrador retriever because of their unique coat color.
- They are just like their yellow and black counterparts regarding temperament and personality. They are intelligent, friendly, and eager to please, making them great family pets and hunting companions.
- The red coat color of a red fox Labrador puppy results from a recessive gene that affects pigmentation. While not as common as black or yellow Labs, they are still popular among dog owners.
- Red Fox Labs are known for their high energy and athleticism, which makes them great for outdoor activities like hiking, swimming, and playing fetch. They also have a strong desire to retrieve, making them excellent hunting dogs.
- They are great family pets as boxador
Breeders and Puppy Price
You can find fox red lab puppies for sale from a breeder nearby you. The red fox lab price starts from $1000 and can go higher depending on the breeder’s reputation. As this is a rare kind of dog, their demand is much higher, and thus we expect the – red fox Labrador puppies for the sale price to be much higher than its average price.
When you are going to buy a red fox lab, you must pay attention to the reputation of the breeder. You must do research before selecting the breeder and red fox lab puppies for sale. You can also search online about reputed Labrador breeders near me or fox red Labrador breeders near me and find a suitable breeder to buy your pet. The Labrador Retriever Club also provides a state-by-state listing of registered breeders.
In case you want to adopt a red lab, then you can find rescue groups. There are many rescue groups in the USA from where you can adopt this breed. So, you can even go for red fox lab adoption.
Here are some similar breeds like red labs:
1. American Bulldog
American Bulldogs are active in their nature, just like red labs.
2. English Cream Golden Retriever
This breed is friendly in nature and also intelligent same, like the red labs. They also come in different colors like yellow, English cream, and many more.
The spirited little Pomeranian is a tiny breed that likes its owners.
1. Are Red Fox Labs Rare?
Yes, they are rare. While they are not as common as black or yellow, Red Fox Labs is still popular among dog owners.
2. What Is the Temperament of a Red Fox Lab?
Red Fox Labs are known for their high energy and athleticism, making them great for outdoor activities like hiking and swimming. They are intelligent, friendly, and eager to please, making them great family pets and hunting companions.
3. Are Red Fox Labs Good with Children and Other Pets?
Yes, Red Fox Labs are known for their friendly and gentle nature, making them great with children and other pets. However, proper socialization and training are still important to ensure they get along well with everyone.
4. Are Fox Red Labs Purebred Animals?
A fox red Lab retriever is regarded as a purebred if not mated with other breeds.
5. What Shades Are There for Labs?
Laboratories come in a variety of hues. The first Labrador retrievers came in black, but today you may also find them in light yellow, chocolate, fox red, and silver.
So, here we end our blog on a very clever and affectionate dog – the red fox lab. We have mentioned every detail about this dog breed. So, if you are a dog lover or want to adopt a pet, this blog will be very useful.