Huskies are one such dog breeds that breeders and many dog lovers highly praise. Huskies have a great history. The huskies belong to the wolf tariff. One of the interesting Huskies is the Agouti Husky. They are famous for inheriting the standard traits from their parenting breed.
- Quick Overview of Agouti Husky
- History and Origin
- Agouti Husky Puppy
- The Appearance of Agouti Siberian Husky
- Agouti Siberian Husky Size and Weight
- Coat and Color
- Personality and Temperament
- Exercise and Diet
- Lifestyle and Needs
- Training and Grooming Needs
- Common Health Problems
- Agouti Husky Breeders
- Is Agouti Husky Family Pet?
The Agouti Husky is highly admired because of their nature and behavior. Especially the Agouti husky puppy, they are incredibly adorable and a perfect cuddling material. The traits of a wolf in the huskies make them appealing and worth experiencing as a companion in your life.
If planning to adopt or buy an agouti for yourself and your family, reading this blog will help you. Being a husky fan, I have always wondered how these huskies are such adorable and intelligent living beings. That is when I thought, let’s invest some quality time learning and discovering more about these husky types.
If you are looking for an active and supportive dog, Agouti is a perfect choice. Today it’s Agouti Husky day. Let’s discover interesting facts about Agoutis. I have pinned a detailed blog on the Agouti Husky, from their Origin and history to the common health issues you have to look for.
Before starting with the blog, here is a basic summary of the dog breed.
Quick Overview of Agouti Husky
Breed Name /Group: Agouti Husky /Working
Height: 19 to 23.5 inches
Weight: 35 to 60 pounds
Lifespan: 12 to 15 years
Coat: Double coat with short to mid-length difference
Color: Charcoal gray, gray and white, pale gray, blackish gray, and darker gray
Temperament: Smart & Intelligent, Extrovert, Playful, Active, and Support
Needs for Grooming: High, with Easy Maintenance
Origin: Northeastern Asia
History and Origin
- The brilliant and adorable husky breed is almost 1500 years old. They belong to the extinct Taymyr wolf family. Found in Russia and the innermost regions of Northern Asia.
- They are trained and brought up in the extremely higher altitudes of Siberia almost over thousand to thirteen hundred years back.
- Agouti Husky was bred as a working dog for the very first time in the Arctic Circle.
- Agoutis helped pull the sleds in the winter seasons and goods and public carrying carts in the summer seasons.
- These loyal and energetic souls are popularly compared with the Alaskan Gold Rush.
- The Alaskan Gold Rush and Agouti Husky were tamed together to pull the sleds. Due to extreme snowfall, it was helpful when Agoutis and Rush Gold pulled sleds together.
- Later in the mid-’80s, the Huskies were bred for sled racings.
- Agoutis in the late ’80s were known as Agouti Siberian Husky.
- They are one of the oldest and the only husky types who have adapted the standard coat color of the parenting breeds.
- In the late ’90s, the Agoutis were bred for precisely two different reasons. Firstly they were bred for working dogs as it has been since the beginning. Secondly, they were bred for competing shows and events.
Agouti Husky Puppy
Agouti Husky is one of the rare husky types. Since the late 90’s due to the unfair practices of breeding, huskies have become rare. This is one of the reasons why agouti husky prices are high. As per the breeders, the agouti puppies are incredibly fragile.
- When you plan to adopt an Agouti Puppy, you have to take care of many things.
- Husky puppies are very soft and delicate when newly born. If you are willing to get a newborn Agouti Siberian Husky, be sure to commit your time to them.
- The puppies are just like newborn babies. One has to dedicate their initial one year to make them comfortable and adaptable to the surroundings.
- The Agoutis are hyperactive and super energetic. You have to train them from their initial months for a better social life.
- Agouti puppies require some quality time with their owners. They need your time, love, and support to grow healthily.
- The Agouti Husky puppy needs a proper high-quality diet for its healthy growth.
- As per breeders, the agouti puppies are very enthusiastic about every new thing around them. You should try to train them from the initial days for their quick and easy learning.
- The puppy agouti has a highly active brain. We can take advantage of their activeness and stimulate their mental powers with some brain games and activity practices.
The Appearance of Agouti Siberian Husky
The Huskies have honestly gained popularity because of their captivating appearance.
- Agouti Husky has a tremendous commanding appearance. They adapt all their physical features from their parenting breeds.
- They have standard wolf-like physical features. Practically a bit darker in the shade in comparison to all the other Huskies.
- As the Agoutis are bred for pulling the sleds, they have a fit and great muscular body.
- They have a double-layered mid-length coat that makes them look royal and elegant. The bright shiny coat and the sparkling eyes are extremely mesmerizing.
- The fully energetic baby huskies are adorable and innocent with their attractive physical features.
- Agouti Husky vs. Siberian Husky has only one significant difference in their appearance. Their coat difference helps you to differentiate between the two huskies.
- The Agouti Siberian Husky has a different visible coat appearance. Due to their coat color, they seem to be dusky or dirty at times.
- As the Huskies grow older, they have a significant change in their overall physical appearance. One of the most noticeable changes is in their coat color.
- The stiff, healthy body makes them look like a royal dog breed. Due to their double-layered coating, grooming needs are pretty challenging at times.
Agouti Siberian Husky Size and Weight
Agouti Husky size is always a peak of the conversational topic. As per Agouti husky breeders, sizes differ based on the gender of the dog. This applies to all dog breeds. Here you can also read about Huskypoo.
However, you will quickly notice the clear difference between the size of the female and the male agoutis.
- The variation of the size in huskies is all because of their genetic orders. The breeders experience the husky puppy owners getting tensed after knowing the variation in the size.
- The female chukchi can grow up to 21to 23.5 inches tall. In comparison, the female agoutis have a greater height than any other breed. They have a good height.
- The male Agoutis grows between 20 to 22.5 inches tall. If you notice, male agoutis are shorter in comparison to female dogs.
- After knowing the average height, it is apparent that you must have guessed their approx weight.
- As per the veterinarian and breeders, a healthy female Agouti weighs between 45 to 60 pounds.
- A healthy male agouti husky will weigh between 35 to 50 pounds.
- Suppose you experience any sudden change in your agouti friend. In that case, it is a clear sign of the immediate need for examination.
- Weight in Agouti huskies never differs unless they are facing some natural health conditions.
Coat and Color
Agoutis are adorable all because of their coat and color. The variety of colors of their coats makes them captivating and demanding. Suppose you are planning to adopt an Agouti Husky. In that case, it is advisable to learn a few facts and discoveries about their coat and coloring.
- Agoutis have a great variety of coat colors. They are usually available in five different colors.
- Some of the admired colorings of their coats are black, grey, red, sable, and brown.
- One of the primary colors of their coat is the name itself ‘Agouti.’
- Agouti is a coloring gene that usually occurs in many of the animals in our world.
- The name Agouti Husky refers to the wild coloring of the huskies. It is primarily recognized as a Wolf-Sable.
- As per breeders, Agouti Husky Color is an exciting topic of discussion with owners.
- The color of the dog enhances the look because of its super soft shining coat type.
- They have a super shining mid-length coat.
- They have two layered coatings. One is the upper coat, and the second is the undercoat. And both of them have different shades of color.
- Agoutis shed their coat twice a year. Thus, it is beneficial to keep brushing their coats twice a week.
- The coat coloring has an interesting face. As your Agouti Siberian or your wooly agouti husky grows older, you can see shades of color on their singlet strands of the hair.
Personality and Temperament
Agouti Huskies are a captivating dog breed. They have a self-ruling personality. Wooly agouti husky is actually how they look, ‘CAPTIVATING.’ They are someone who loves their freedom and self-time.
If you are a working owner, the adoption of an Agouti is advisable. They are not a silent soul, but they are not even destructive and irritating. They make a perfect family dog who loves to take care of small children and older adults in your family. The Agouti will never make their owner embarrassed unless they fail to be adequately trained.
- Agouti Husky is nothing different than the standard Huskies. They have the same behavior as any other Siberian husky.
- The Agoutis are super energetic, extremely smart and intelligent, and most importantly, very supportive, loving, affectionate, and friendly.
- Being a super active dog breed, keeping their mind engaged in continuous activities is advisable.
- Train them with different commands from an early age for good, responsive reactions.
- Keep your husky engaged with different brain and physical games to maintain their mental and physical health.
- Agoutis cannot sit back in one single corner of the house. You should create space in your home for their engagement in activities.
- It is not suitable for an active dog breed to stay quiet in a single zone for longer.
Exercise and Diet
I am pretty sure after reading the Agouti Husky Personality and Temperament, you have guessed the requirement of exercise and diet. Huskies are active dog breeds which means they require the best quality of exercise and a healthy diet.
If we talk of daily exercises, your Agouti Husky requires a minimum of one hour of a brisk walk daily. If you can afford to hire a professional trainer for the initial days, it will turn out to be helpful for your husky.
- One hour of brisk walking and letting them free in the open air is essential for their health.
- With physical exercise, mental stimulation is a must. Train them with some brain activities for regular brain stimulation.
- Keep them engaged with some of the physical and mental activities that can keep your husky fresh, active, and healthy.
For maintaining health, a healthy diet is crucial. When we are talking about diet, it is imperative to contact the vet. A veterinarian’s assessment of your Husky is beneficial. They will guide you with the correct requirement of the diet.
- Daily, please provide them with a healthy diet.
- Stick to the diet and nutrition advice from the vet.
- Offer them dog treats to keep them happy. Offering them treats will convince them to consume a healthy diet.
- Ensure that they are consuming plenty of water to keep their body hydrated.
Lifestyle and Needs
Agouti Husky breeders clearly state that they are not high-maintenance dogs. However, they have some basic requirements which are essential to get considered. For a long healthy, and happy life, you have to consider some of their basic life needs.
- Huskies are large dog breeds, which means that they need some open space to live.
- For their physical and mental health, leaving them in the open air is crucial.
- Do not keep them tied in one single room or corner for a longer time. It can adversely affect their mental state of mind.
- Ensure to timely look after their grooming needs for a clean and healthy coat.
- Provide them with toys and games that can keep them engaged happily.
- And lastly, spend some quality time with your Agouti. After all, they, too, need your love and affection.
Agouti Husky is a large breed, but they have a regular and straightforward lifestyle. You need to take care of some basic requirements to lead to a healthy and happy long life.
Training and Grooming Needs
Just as we discussed above, they require some grooming and training needs. Agouti Husky breeders say that these dogs are not socialized from birth. This means training them from a young age will help them to grow in the social environment.
Start training your Husky from the sixth month of its birth. Training them to be polite, decent, and obedient will help them gel with other people and animals. The Agouti will require rigorous training as they belong to a working breed family. Sitting back quietly is not their style.
Regular training will help them to get used to the environment and people quickly. When taking care of the training needs, do not forget to focus on their grooming needs.
Look after the following grooming needs for your Agouti’s healthy coat and skin.
- Brushing their coats twice a week softly is helpful.
- Give them a refreshing and peaceful bath once every eight days.
- Brush their teeth every fifth day.
- Trim their nails regularly. Huskies are active dogs, and having long nails can hurt them or others.
- Shed their coats twice a year to avoid any sort of skin disorders.
If you take care of all these grooming needs, your Agouti will enjoy a healthy body and coat.
Common Health Problems
Agouti Husky is a mixed breed, which means that having health problems is obvious. Usually, when a breed mixes two different breeds, they tend to have some common health problems.
If you are in contact with a senior vet, you need not worry about your husky. Usually, Agouti faces some of these under-listed health problems. Just look through all the health problems and if you experience any of them in your dog, immediately contact your vet.
- Eye infections and disorders (Retinal Atrophy)
- Corneal Dystrophy. It is a hereditary disorder that is common in all huskies.
- Hip Dysplasia
- Uveodermatologic Syndrome
- Zinc Deficiency
All health problems are common and controlled. You need not worry if you find any of these health issues in your dog. Reach out to the vet and let them examine your Agouti. Follow all the guidance and medication recommended by the vet. Maintain regular exercise that will keep them healthy and safe.
Agouti Husky Breeders
Finding the correct Agouti Husky breeders is a challenging task. Not all husky breeders are loyal. Some breeders follow wrong breeding practices, which can adversely affect the husky you are adopting. It is crucial to consider some crucial aspects before reaching out to Agouti husky breeders.
- The breeders must have official permission to breed.
- Before breeding, both parenting breeds are examined medically.
- Breeders must follow all the healthy forms of the breeding process.
- Ensure that the mother breed is appropriately taken care of during the entire process until the birth of your husky.
If all these aspects are properly taken care of, it will lead to the birth of a completely healthy and fit Agouti Husky.
Search for all the ‘agouti husky breeders near me’ and research nicely before finalizing any of them. After all, it is a matter of adopting a healthy and cute little agouti husky.
Is Agouti Husky Family Pet?
When the family plans to adopt any breed, one of the most common questions they wonder is, ‘Are they a family pet?’. And if you are wondering if Agouti huskies are a family pet or not, then the answer is a clear YES.
The Agouti Siberian Husky is a complete family pet. They love to stay with their families. They are extremely possessive and affectionate towards the family and other pets in the family. Even if you have a small kid in your home, they will be very loving and caring towards the kid.
Take care of training and socializing them in the early months to enjoy a happy and comfortable life with your Husky.
The Agouti Husky Puppy price always differs. It ranges between $650 to $1400. If you find any husky in this price range, then the breeder is charging reasonably. The husky puppy has to be taken care of while newly born. Even the breeding process is a bit challenging.
Agouti Husky is one of the most engaging and loveable dog breeds. Pet owners love to have Agouti huskies in their families. They are highly caring and innocent when it comes to staying with kids and older adults. They are intelligent and attentive dogs who make perfect protective dogs.
Agouti Husky is super active and enthusiastic and excited to learn and discover new things and people around them. Training them to be social will eliminate the factor of a dangerous personality, and rumors of the Agoutis. Training them with commands will help them to be friendly and responsible.
Agouti Husky are amiable and active dog breeds. If you are looking for an exciting factor in your pet dog, Agoutis is a perfect match. They love to play with children and other pets and animals. They can act a bit different when seeing for the first time, but they will quickly gel with each.
The Bottom Line
The natives of the north, Agouti Husky, are one of the most friendly dog breeds. They make a great companion for your family. They are smart, intelligent, loyal, affectionate, and playful. What else do you want when you have a complete package of entertainment in the form of Agouti Husky?
Also Read :